Monday, June 7, 2010

In the Pines


I got up early the next morning to do my bird transect. I had to leave Ayla in the car with the windows down so she wouldn't scare away my birds. My whole attitude on life was different now that I had company and protection with my dog. The air was filled with the fresh smell of pine, and the creek was swollen with fresh ice melt and looked violent and fast. I walked quickly in between points, some along a ski trail, and saw a wide variety of mountain birds on my bird transect, several squirrels, and even a marmot. There were small streams everywhere and plenty of waterfalls among the pine and spruce forest. It was an easy day, and I couldn't wait to get back to the car to check on my dog. She got excited when I was back, and we headed down the mountain together to move on to the next bird points.




No comments:

Post a Comment